We are happy to announce ‘Kisan Mitra Fellowships-2017’
Kisan Mitras would be trained resource persons who work with farmers to help them shift towards agro-ecological approaches to sustain their farming, organise themselves into producer cooperatives, understand the issues in public policy and improve the support systems. Organisations working with farmers and individuals interested in supporting farmers can apply to become ‘kisan mitras’. They will undergo a foundation course and can specialise in any of the areas of ecological farming, farmers’ institutions and marketing or public policy support.
- A foundation course of 14 days will be class room and internship with farmer groups and will cover
- agro-ecological approaches, how to run farmer field schools to train farmers, problem diagnosis and suggesting solutions,
- organising farmer cooperatives, building forward and backward linkages, running Kisan business schools to train the farmers and farmer cooperative leaders,
- public policy analysis and strengthening support systems
- Advance courses will be offered on Organic Farming, Seed Production, Community Marketing, FPOs management, Food Processing, understanding and improving public policy etc
- Selection criteria
- The fellowship is open for all working in rural areas. However, preference would be given to those working with small and marginal farmers, under privilaged communities
- The candidates and the organisations have to take the work forward.
- Fellowship will cover the costs of training, stay and travel only
- Support systems like call centre and a mobile application would be available for the ‘Kisan Mitra’s in supplementing and complementing their work in the field and also to compile the work done by them.
- The course is open for people without fellowship also. Organisations can also sponser their candidates.
The first batch will start from 23rd October, 2017. for details contact email@example.com; or call on 08500783300
Kisan Mitra Fellowship -2017 Application