Training on Contemporary Approaches to Organic Seed Production and Marketing
14th to 18th February, 2017
Seed is an essential input for crop production. Access of farmers to affordable quality seed is key in increasing agricultural production and productivity. Supporting the development of a vibrant and diverse seed sector can significantly contribute to increasing food security and economic development. If you strive to broaden experience and strengthen your competencies, this course is an interesting opportunity.
The overall objective of the training programme is to enhance participants capabilities to translate the integrated seed concept towards strategies for making seed programme coherent with farmers’ practices. Participants will learn to facilitate interactions between formal and informal seed systems, and to promote entrepreneurship and innovation in the seed sector.
Module 1: Concepts and Practices of Informal and Formal Seed Systems
- Importance of seed in Organic farming
- Importance of informal seed system.
- Establishing community seed banks
- Seed production practices in self pollinated and cross pollinated crops
- Hybrid cotton seed production
- Regulatory requirements for formal seed system.
- Open Source Seed System (OSSS)
- Participatory approaches of seed management
- Documentation on Value for Cultivation and Use (VCU).
- Different methods of seed treatment
Module 2: Seed business study tour
- Visit to seed producer company and seed processing Unit
- Intreation with seed farmers and marketing cadre
- Visit to Seed Production Plots
- Method demonstration on roughing of Off typs to maintain quality seed.
Module 3: Action plan
- Developing an action plan on seed production; Specific to the crops and geographical areas of the participants. This session will be help participants to integrate all coure topics and link it back to their own work; collobarations with Apna beej network
- Participants are requested to bring their own blankets
- Participants are requested to book their tickets to Wardha / Sewagram
- People, those are arriving the previous night / previous day, please inform to Vikas: 09689750634, 08625913525, Office: 07152-252218, Chandrakala, 09000005840 in advance so that local accommodation can be arranged.
Seats/No of Participants: 30
Medium: The entire course would be in English.
Participant: The course is designed for development professionals working to promote ecological farming/ organic farming/sustainable agriculture. Persons that need technical exposure in the organizations working in agriculture field can apply.
Course fee: Rs. 10,000 per participants (Food, Accommodation, resource material and field visit to seed production plots and seed processing units)
Centre for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA) is a professional resource organization engaged in establishing models of sustainable agriculture. CSA is operational in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telengana and Maharashtra and also engages with other NGOs & CBOs for up scaling Sustainable models of Agriculture production.The main areas of CSA work are Developing and Creating farmers’ institutions, Policy Advocacy, Sustainable Production, Marketing of Organic Agro-produces and Seeds, Creating resource persons for Sustainable Production andEngage with media for knowledge dissemination.
About NSBPC Ltd.
NAISARGIK SHETI BEEJ PRODUCER COMPANY LIMITED (NSBPC Ltd): Is a farmer owned Seed Producer Company. It has a seed processing plant located at wardha dist., Maharashtra. The company is engaged in seed production, processing and marketing of organic seeds.
Course Director :
Dr. G.V. Ramanjaneyulu
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Course Co-Ordinator :
Dr. G. Raja Shekar
Ph: 040 – 27014302/7735, Ph: 8332945368
Register here https://www.payumoney.com/events/#/buyTickets/seedtraining
or download the nomination form and send it by mail NOMINATION FORM