Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is a professional resource organization engaged in establishing models of sustainable agriculture working in partnership with NGOs and Community Based Organizations by scaling up the successes and engaging with the establishment for a policy change. CSA is registered as Trust in 2004 in Hyderabad, India. CSA believes in promoting sustainable agricultural technologies that are based on farmers’ knowledge and skills, their innovation based on local conditions and their use of nature’s products and processes to gain better control over the pre-production and production processes involved in agriculture.
- Legal Form / Constitution:
|Name of the organization||Centre for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA)|
|Year of registration and legal status||CSA is registered as Trust in 2004 in Hyderabad, India|
|FCRA Registration No.||010230731|
|Income Tax Exemption:||80G: DIT (E)/HYD/80G/14(05)/12-13 dated 02.11.2012 12A: DIT€/HYD/56(12)/12A/04-05 dated 11-01-2005|
|Address for communication||#12-13-445, Street No.1, Tarnaka, Secunderabad-500017 Phone; 9985016637/8500783300|
|Contact Person||Dr. G.V. Ramanjaneyulu, Executive Director, Mobile: 9000699702|
|Web & E-mail;||www.csa-india.org E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Vision: CSA sets its mission to establish ecologically and economically sustainable models of agriculture, help farmers to organize themselves to improve their livelihoods and realize their rights.
Mission: CSA plans to reach out to 50 thousand farmers directly and 5 lakh farmers indirectly in the next five years (2015-2020), by working with them to establish sustainable models in agriculture and fair marketing models in six states of India. By doing so, we believe that agriculture productivity can be increased by 10 % and farmers’ incomes by 15 % which approximately translates to Rs. 5000 per family.
The main objectives of the organization are:
- To improve the quality of life of farming communities by promoting environmentally safe and sustainable methods that would enhance the quality and quantity of crop yields especially in tribal and dry land areas.
- To enhance the participation of farmers, both women and men, in all processes of problem analysis, technology development, evaluation, adoption and extension leading to food security and self-reliance among farmers and rural communities.
- To facilitate community access and control over natural resources and to build institutions and coalitions at different levels for strengthening their bargaining power with markets and governments, which focus on empowerment of marginalized sections like Women, Dalits, Adivasis and Minorities.
- To develop a Sustainable Agriculture Resource Network that promotes sharing of knowledge, material and human resources. To serve as a repository for documenting, collecting, storing, collating and disseminating information/success stories from different sources on sustainable agriculture.
- Understand the role of agriculture in contributing to climate change and developing sustainable agriculture practices which can help in mitigating and adapting to climate change.
- Establish and incubate Farmer Producer Organisations, Community Enterprises and promote entrepreneurial skills in rural areas.