Expert Director, Sahaja Aharam Producer Company
a. Ph.D in Agriculture from Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
b. M.Sc (Ag) from Agriculture College, Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University (Now Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University)
c. B.Sc (Ag) from Agriculture College, Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University (Now Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University)
Earlier selections and work experience
1995: Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
1996: Agricultural Research Service (ARS) till 2004
Focus of work
- Working on public policy issues impacting on food systems and farmers livelihoods and a framework to ensure income security for farmers
- Working with farmers in AP, Telangana, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Utter Pradesh in establishing ecologically and economically sustainable agriculture models
- Building a Community marketing System ‘Sahaja Aharam’ linking farmer cooperatives directly to consumers.
- Working on building community enterprises
- Working on Open Source Seed systems
- Working as a resource organisation supporting the programs of state and central governments. Currently working Government of Andhra Pradesh in promoting natural farming, with Society for Elimination of Poverty, Telangana, with Maharashtra State Livelihoods Mission, North East Rural Livelihoods Project in building the capacities of the staff and organisation involved in the program.
- Working with NABARD in supporting establishment and strengthening of over 300 farmer producer organisations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Initiated ‘Kisan Mitra’ to improve last mile delivery of all support services and there governance. Currently working in three districts of telangana
- Started ‘Grameen Academy’ which runs regular courses on Agroecological approaches, farmer producer organisations and Rural business enterprises, public policy for agriculture
IT Tools for agriculture
- Designed and set up eKrishi (http://www.ekrishi.net) an integrated cloud based platform for supporting farming and agricultural supply chain management and Farmer Producer Organisations.
- 1st TV9 Nava Nakshatra Sanmanam Life Time Achievement Award 2019
- 3rd Badshah Khan Memorial Award by ITM University, Gwalior -2019
- Rytunestham Lifetime Achievement Award-2019
- Won best rural innovation award in Maharashtra Rural Innovation Award in 2014 for ‘Community Managed Sustainable Agriculture’
- Won best rural innovation award in Bihar Rural Innovation Award in 2014 for ‘Non Pesticidal Management’
- Won World Bank Development Market Place Award in 2005
- Author of several books and articles on sustainable agriculture and public policy
- CSA work featured in 8th Episode of Satyamev Jayate ‘Toxic food’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbc5K9EpTQw
- 3 times TEDx Speaker
- Produced a feature film ‘Mitti-back to roots’ on Agrarian Crisis and way forward based on real life experiences across the country http://www.mitti-thefilm.org