Job opportunities at Centre for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA) and Sahaja Aharam
If you are interested in working with the farmers on natural/organic farming, farmers cooperatives, marketing etc do join us. CSA is looking for people skills and experiences in these areas to work at the grass roots and at senior level.
Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Subject Matter Specialists, Finance Officers, Marketing Managers, Field Staff.
do send your CVs to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which job you are applying.
Remuneration would be commensuarating with experience.
Brief about CSA:
Centre for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA) is a not-for-profit organisation registered in 2004 and is head quartered in Hyderabad. It primarily works on the issues of Sustainable agriculture, farmers’ institution building, agri-processing, agriculture insurance, and linking farmers to consumers.
Over the years CSA has made a Pan Indian presence having its state offices in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharastra, Sikkim, Tripura and Odisha. It has collaborations with various likeminded organisations and networks in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar ad Chhatisgarh.
CSA specialises in local knowledge building of farmers’ ad their institutions by synthesising scientific approach with traditional knowledge. It provides its technical expertise by hands-on operations, technical consultancies, publication and online platforms. For its innovative approach, CSA has won the World Bank Best Market Place Award, the Maharastra State Rural Innovation Award, the Bihar State Rural Innovation Award etc.
- The Project Managers will build and lead a project team of grassroot workers, community volunteers and government officials in the villages of the project area located in Andhra Pradesg. The Project Managers will supervise the field team to implement project activities that address issues pertaining to sustainable paddy and vegetable cultivation without using chemical fertilisers and pesticides. This also warrants trainings, FFS, regular field visits and handholding support to farmers
- Organise farmers into groups for aggregation, cleaning/grading, and primary processing and link them to bulk buyers. These activities should ultimately culminate to the formation of Farmers’ Producer Companies (FPCs).
- Link up to financial institutions and government for setting up adequate infrastructure facilities to run the FPCs on a commercial basis.
- Assume primary responsibility for daily project management – both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
- Assume overall responsibility for the meeting financial delivery targets set out in the agreed annual work plans, reporting on project funds and related record keeping;
- Assume overall responsibility for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame;
- Providing leadership and building a motivated project team for efficient delivery of project targets
- Marketing Manager has to manage Sahaja Aharam Producer Company
- Field staff would be working in Kadapa, Kurnool, Anantpur, Guntur, Srikakulam, Vishakapatnam and Vijayanagaram dists.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science with MBA or Masters Degree in Agriculture Science
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of field experience in implementing sustainable/organic/NPM project
- Candidates must have motivational capabilities and should have led a team of 10 members in the relevant sector.
- Candidates should be self driven in bringing in new ideas.
- Candidates must be well versed with Ms Office; knowledge of additional statistical package is an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic accounts will add value to the selection process.
- Ability to travel extensively across the state of Andhra Pradesh and to Hyderabad
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Telugu is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
The compensation package will depend upon the experiences and qualifications of the candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may send in their resume along with a brief note on their interest in the job; one passport size photograph; and two references at the email id given below:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview.