Mission and Vision
- Vision: CSA envisions to become national institution to lead the transition of Indian agriculture to become ecologically and economically sustainable
- Mission: Caring for those who feed the nation by
- Conducting research on agroecological farming methods and their impact
- Assisting farmers and consumers in successfully transitioning to organic
- Building vibrant rural enterprises and producer organisations
- Enhance the last mile delivery of support services, and
- Improve the governance of public policy systems
CSA plans to reach out to 50 thousand farmers directly and 5 lakh farmers indirectly in the next five years (2020-2025), by working with them to establish sustainable models in agriculture and rural livelihoods, organise them into community owned institutions and fair marketing models in three states of India.
By doing so, we believe that agriculture productivity can be increased by 10 % and farmers incomes by 15 % which approximately translates to Rs. 15000 per family.
Additional livelihoods will provide at least 30% of additional income by engaging in additional livelihood activities for 100 days in a year.
CSA partners with all like minded organisations and networks for a policy change to enable promotion of sustainable models of food production and sustaining livelihoods engaged in the process