On going projects
Building resilient farm livelihoods with Community Managed Natural Farming
Project Period: October, 2020-September, 2023
Project Area: YSR Kadapa, Anantapur, Vijayanagaram districts of Andhra Pradesh
Project Lead: G. Chandra Sekhar
Key Focus Areas: Agroecological approaches, Organic/natural farming models, building scientific evidence, resilient livelihoods
Project Brief: The project started in 2017 as part of Climate Resilient Zero Budget Natural Farming (now AP Community Managed Natural Farming or APCNF) in Andhra Pradesh. Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is one of Resource NGO working with Rytu Sadhikara Samantha for YSR Kadapa Dist. In the second phase the focus is to built sustainable production and livelihood models, develop institutional systems, generate scientific evidence for the transition and build a discourse towards scientific approach in natural farming.
- Total reach is over 15,000 farmers covering over 30,000 acres and nearly 10,000 farmers and 20,000 acres has transitioned to Organic/natural farming.
- Six villages have become fully organic and 10 more in the pathway to become biovillages
- Different models of livelihoods demonstrated to create an additional income of about Rs. One lakh per annum.
- Biolabs which helps in production and supply of innoculum of biofertilisers to bioenterpreneurs, soil and pesticide residue testing labs established.
- Farmers organised into Farmer Producer Companies