In charge of leading, developing and implementing sales strategy for seeds and farm inputs
The Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is looking to hire a Business Development Manager for a project to build gender-sensitive, sustainable seed systems. The project will involve (1) documentation of unique and/or best practices with respect to building financially viable Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and women’s engagement in FPOs, (2) a study of the existing seed system in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana with respect to the legal framework, market structure, and farmer preferences (3) action research through the establishment of a decentralized seed production and distribution system through FPOs in AP and Telangana.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Should make a business plan for seed marketing.
- Get the required licenses/legal documents whatever required
- Prepare a road map to capture maximum FPOs.
- Liaising with producers understanding the pain points in the Seed production.
- Conducting demos in different seed production areas as a proof for making the FPOs/farmers understand.
- Coordinating with the producers and FPOs for making direct supplies or identifying suitable local entrepreneurs/distributors for servicing the Customers.
- Training the farmers for commercialization.
- Making sure the seed is available before time to FPOs.
- Structure and frame commercial and marketing activity in different market segments.
- Coordinate various sales events within the regions: product launches, distributor meetings, field days, industry meetings and other conventions
Skills and Qualifications
- MBA in Marketing with 2-3 years’ experience in seed marketing.
- Should have the knowledge of the seed legal compliances
- Should be able make strategy plans and work with the team.
- Ability to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
- Must speak and write in Telugu and English
- Good Knowledge of Seed (in particular paddy)
- Good knowledge on FPOs.
- Good people management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Selling skills to the Senior Management of Seed Partner Companies.
- Must be available to travel regularly.
- Ability to understand the Crop Nutrition in Seed Production.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org