The Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is looking to hire Project Coordinator with us on a project to build gender-sensitive, sustainable seed systems. The project will involve (1) documentation of unique and/or best practices with respect to building financially viable Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and women’s engagement in FPOs, (2) a study of the existing seed system in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana with respect to the legal framework, market structure, and farmer preferences (3) action research through the establishment of a decentralized seed production and distribution system through FPOs in AP and Telangana.
- Establish a system for characterizing, maintaining, and distributing foundation seed for multiplication.
- Develop decentralized seed production and marketing system for and among FPOs.
- Create institutional systems for strengthening the role of women and youth in seed production systems.
- Create and strengthen formal and informal seed system.
- Support and maintain seed processing units and legal compliances required for formal seed business.
Skills and qualification
- Must speak and write Telugu and English
- BSc (Ag)/ M.Sc. (Ag) with relevant experience.
- Knowledge and skills on basic principles of seed production.
- Skills and knowledge on seed production plan.
- Post harvest management including processing, bagging & labeling.
- Documentation, reporting pertaining to seed production and post production practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com