The Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is looking to hire two research assistants to work with us on a project to build gender-sensitive, sustainable seed systems. The project will involve (1) documentation of unique and/or best practices with respect to building financially viable Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and women’s engagement in FPOs, (2) a study of the existing seed system in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana with respect to the legal framework, market structure, and farmer preferences (3) action research through the establishment of a decentralized seed production and distribution system through FPOs in AP and Telangana.
- Creation of study instruments
- Collection of primary data through interviews with key stakeholders and focus group discussions
- Compilation and analysis of secondary data as required for the study
- Writing of relevant reports, policy briefs, and research articles for documenting results
- Field travel for as required for data collection and coordination with the study team.
- Data collection, compilation, analysis and report writing.
- Must speak Telugu and English
- Must have taken coursework and/or have relevant experience in qualitative research
- Must be able to provide a writing sample
- Quantitative data analysis skills preferred (R, Stata, or other), but not mandatory
At least two years of work experience preferred .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com