- Agricultural Scientist with specialization in agroecology, organic/natural farming, agribusiness management and public policy
- Designing community managed extension, enterprises, and programs
- Innovations in organic/natural farming practices, institutional systems, Digital tools for extension and agribusiness management
Ph.D. in Agriculture from Indian Agricultural Research Institute
BSc (Ag) and MSc (Ag) from Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University
Name of Employer
Executive Director, Centre for Sustainable Agriculture
Expert Director, Sahaja Aharam Producer Company
Earlier selections and work experience
1995: Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
1996: Agricultural Research Service (ARS) till 2004
Experience and Achievements
- Working with more than 50,000 farmers in AP, Telangana, Maharashtra in establishing ecologically and economically sustainable agriculture models
- Promoted 60 Farmer Producer Organizations in AP and Telangana and is acting as Resource Support Agency for 150s in AP and Telangana.
- The organic/natural farmers are linked to market directly under the brand name ‘Sahaja Aharam’.
- Supporting the programs of state and central governments in Andhra Pradesh in promoting natural farming, with Society for Elimination of Poverty, Telangana, with Maharashtra State Livelihoods Mission in building the capacities of the staff and organisations involved in the program.
- Providing extension services to organisations in Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Karnataka.
- Recognized as Regional Council for Organic Certification (under Participatory Guarantee System) by National Centre for Organic and Natural Farming. CSA is largest PGS certifying agency in the country with 46,885 Farmers covering 45,603 ha in 7 States
- Working on education and capacity building of rural youth in Revitalizing Rural Economy through ‘Grameen Academy’ and ‘Krishna Sudha Academy for Agroecology’
Published over 20 reports, 5 books, 25 peer reviewed research articles and hundreds of popular articles on various issues impacting on agriculture
Awards and Acknowledgements
- 2022: Kumarappa Memorial Award by Tamil Nadu Farmers Association
- 2020: Economic Times and Sumunnati Best FPO enabler Award
- 2019: ITM University, Gwalior, Badshah Khan Award
- 2019: Rytu Nestam Life time Achievement Award
- 2019: TV9 Nava nakshatra Award
- 2017: Sakshi Excellence Award for Best Contribution to Agriculture
- 2014: Best Rural Innovation Award for Non Pesticidal Management in Bihar Rural Innovation Forum
- 2014: Best Rural Innovation Award for ‘Community Managed Sustainable Agriculture’ in Maharashtra Rural Innovation Forum
- 2012: Best Green Enterprises award by Hivos for NPM scalingup in AP
- 2010: Krishi Gourav Award for Enebavi
- 2008: TV9 ‘Navya’ Award for effective campaign
- 2005: World Bank Development Market Place Award
- CSA work featured in 8th Episode of Satyamev Jayate ‘Toxic food’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbc5K9EpTQw
- Six times TEDx Speaker
- Poison on Plate | TEDxHyderabad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64RLBgD-Cck over three million views
- How you can help ensure a secure income for farmers? | TEDxNAVALKHA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyBYf60BzlE,
- Caring for those who feed the nation | TEDxCBIT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIOnw38RCA
- What is Wrong with Our Food Today? | TEDxSCETW
- Indian Agriculture @ 75 | TEDxIIITBangalore
- Produced a feature film ‘Mitti-back to roots’ on Agrarian Crisis and way forwardbased on real life experiences across the country in Hindi and Telugu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxXakvJcNw&t=5s
Thank you for your lecture.
My name is Kim Sang-gyeom and I am working on organic farming in South Korea.
When I saw your lecture, I realized that the problems of agriculture that India is facing.
I thought it was similar to the case of Korea.
I think it is becoming more difficult to grow crops due to climate change.
Increasing variations in the appearance of insect pests, falling income for farmers, and fruits that consumers like less, etc.
I’d like to suggest one thing to you.
Currently, farmers in Korea are using one drug to produce agricultural products.
The effect is superior, so we are exporting to Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Uzbekistan.
The effect of the drug makes the crops grow strong. It is used to treat viruses and bacteria that damage plants on Earth.
As a result, farmers’ incomes increase.
The yield increases by 30% compared to before use.
We can send you the patented medicine if you need the data.
If you have any further questions, please contact me by email.
Iam a farmer my crops are coco Banana oilpalm Maize please provide me growth promote agents
Please give me growth promote agents my crops are coco Banana oilpalm Maize